Understanding Underground Electrical Systems
The underground electrical system consumes electrical energy from the street’s network. Here, the power line cables run underground and are connected to the property’s meter box. It has become mandatory for new subdivisions and suburbs to choose an underground electrical system in Sydney’s CBD areas. It is available with a single or three-phase electricity supply.
Advantages of Choosing for Underground Electrical Wiring
- Reliable and stable electricity supply.
- Lowers power supply surges and prevents damage to your sensitive home equipment.
- Lower transmission loss and capability to absorb emergency power loads.
- Underground power installation in Sydney is less vulnerable to damage caused by storms, tree branches, rains, or heavy winds caused by bad weather.
- Safer neighbourhood and reduces safety hazards caused due to cut-off cables.
Our electricians are accredited and insured for both residential and commercial work.
At IZCO Electrical, we offer cost-effective rates with top-notch quality on every project.
We value your time and guarantee on-time service delivery according to project schedules.
Urgent electrical problems demand swift action. You can rely on IZCO Electrical for timely assistance – Call us at 0470 123 811.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Installing Underground Electrical Systems
Step 1 – Choose Depth
Underground power installation can be done in many ways depending upon the wiring type and conduit used. We use double-insulated XLPE cables that meet Ausgrid standards.
Step 2 – Underground Cable Installation
We use PVC heavy Duty orange conduit for 600mm trenches. For any deeper, we use GFCI- protected underground feeder cable and PVC conduit for underground electricity power. In some scenarios trench, we bury and use an underground feeder cable.
We are your reliable emergency electrician service partner, 24 X 7 on-call.
Overhead VS Underground Power Cables
In overhead power services, the cables are connected through electrical power poles, whereas underground wires are buried for underground power supply. IZCO Electrical is an Accredited Level 2 service provider that considers all the possibilities and feasibilities as per best practices and stringent Australian standards to render the best solution for your property. As an ASP, IZCO Electrical offers you the following underground electrical services:
- Upgrade of Existing Underground Service When the power supply of your property doesn’t have the capacity to carry current needs, our experts can help upgrade the system from a single phase to a 3 phase for a larger power supply.
- Permanent Disconnections Our trained electricians can help you carry out permanent power disconnection for bigger demolition projects.
- Disconnection and Reconnection Our experts can safely relocate the meter boards and other fixed elements while providing temporary disconnection and later reconnection of the power supply.
- Set Up Temporary Builders Supply At the time of construction work on your property, we can temporarily redirect the power supply to the builder’s switchboard.
- Underground to Overhead Connections (UGOH) We can set up a cable between the main electricity network power pole and the property’s point of attachment for the undisrupted flow of power supply.
- Installation of Private Pillar
As underground electrical contractors, we work as per your area and needs. If required, we can also install private pillars and pits.
Our Lifetime Guarantee
Concerning the quality of our electrical services, you get peace of mind knowing that we are fully insured and provide a lifetime warranty on all of our electrical installations and repair works. In the unfortunate event of something going wrong, you remain protected. When you need an expert and licensed electrician in Sydney, call IZCO Electrical on 0470 123 811 or book your job online today!
IZCO Electrical offers all types of level 2 electrical services, including emergency electrical repairs, power pole installation or replacement, power line overhead/ underground replacement. Our electrical services have covered your every requirement.
Glance over the services we offer:
Single Phase or Three Phase Power Upgrade
Switchboard Upgrades and Installations
Disconnect / Reconnect or Permanent Disconnection
Power Pole Installation
Defect Notice Repair
Consumer Mains Repair
Point of Attachment Repair
Tenancy Power Separation
Excavation Underground Powerline
“We moved into our new home because it had a large shed at the bottom of the garden, perfect for me to work on cars. But I couldn’t run my arc welder without upgrading to three-phase power. The team at Izco explained exactly what I would need to do, provided me with a free quote and competed the job when they said they would. Even installed some new power points in the shed for me while they were here. I would highly recommend Izco Electrical to anyone needing any kind of work done.”
“A large family in a large house needs a large air-con. Izco Electrical upgraded my power supply so we could run our new ducted air-conditioning keeping the sweat, and complaints about the heat, to a minimum.”
5 Star Service
“After our children moved out, we wanted to subsidise our income by converting their rumpus room into a granny flat to rent out. Izco took the nightmare of working out how much to charge for electricity out of our hands by installing a separate meter for the granny flat. Now our tenants receive their own bill and we don’t have to worry about someone else running up our bills.”
Neat and Tidy Job
“Our electricity bills have decreased substantially since upgrading our meter. Not only are we now charged off peak rates, but we can keep a closer eye on our usage. Thanks Izco!”
“Izco helped me work out the cheapest method of connecting my home to the overhead powerlines in the street. A real relief to my tight budget!”
“Connecting our new home up to the grid was a simple process with the Izco team at the helm.”