Upgrade Single Phase to Three-Phase Power
Benefits of Upgrading to a 3-Phase Power Supply
- A 3-phase electricity supply generates more power than a single-phase.
- A 3-phase power can balance loads seamlessly, reducing harmonic currents and the requirement for large neutral wires.
- The power supply is consistent and steady, and electricity never drops to zero, making it ideal for large residential homes, commercial buildings and manufacturing units.
- A 3-phase circuit renders more power density than a single-phase circuit at the same amperage, keeping the size of wiring and costs lower.
- Electrical appliances and devices powered by a 3-phase connection will last longer due to less vibration.
- Converting single-phase to the 3-phase power supply can be done with ease.
Why Should You Upgrade to a 3-Phase Switchboard?
Here are the reasons for installing 3 phase power in your home:
- 3-Phase provides more power and is more dependable at keeping electrical systems safe.
- When you install heavy energy swallowing electrical appliances, machinery, or systems in your home, you need a 3-phase power supply. For instance, air conditioning pulls a lot of power, so if you’re using three or more air conditioners in your home, you need to install 3-phase power.
- When you replace your old ovens, fridges, washing machines, and other electrical appliances with new ones, you will need more power to run new electrical appliances.
- Your old electrical system is outdated and risky to keep and thus requires replacing.
- If you ever receive a 3-phase electrical defect notification from Endeavour, Essential or Ausgrid energy, you will have 21 days to resolve the issue. If you fail to fix it in the given timeline, you risk power getting disconnected from your home.
At IZCO Electrical, our Level 2 electricians will safely remove the old switchboard and install a new 3-phase switchboard. Our Level 2 electricians will safely install the new switchboard and connect all the parts, such as the circuit breakers and safety switches.
What is a Three Phase Power Upgrade?
You may well ask yourself “Do I Need Three-Phase Power?” The answer to that all depends on the types of appliances you are running in your home.
Most domestic residences only require single phase power and as such, single phase is the standard for all homes being connected to the grid. Appliances such as ovens, fridges, freezers, televisions and dryers all run smoothly on single phase power. As do your lights. You can even charge your Tesla Car Charger on single phase power.
The only time a domestic home should require three-phase power is when it is running heavy duty electrical appliances such as:
- Three-phase Air conditioning
- Three-phase EV Car Charger (Tesla Charger)
- Three-phase Solar Inverter
- Three Phase Swimming Pool Heater
- Three-phase Air Compressor / Welder Machine
This can typically include having a very large house with a large capacity circuit, installing an electric instantaneous hot water service, or you have the need to use a commercial-sized arc welder.
Three-phase circuits provide greater power density and make it easier to balance the load large motors draw by spreading it evenly across all three phases. If you already have three-phase power in your home and do not run anything that requires it, that is okay. It simply means that your electricity consumption will be shared out across all three phases evenly.
Why choose us for your power upgrade
The cost of installing three-phase power in NSW to a new home can run high. The same can be said for hiring an ASP Level 2 Electrician to convert a single-phase to a three-phase in the average domestic residence. That is why it is important to choose a Level 2 Electrician you can trust to give you a fair price and perform the work to the highest of standards.
Installing or upgrading your electricity supply to three-phase is a job only an electrical contractor with a minimum of Level 2 accreditation is able to perform. With ten years’ experience working on domestic residences assisting people to safely and economically alter their electricity needs, Izco Electrical are the team to help you with your three-phase conversion.
Our Lifetime Guarantee
Concerning the quality of our electrical services, you get peace of mind knowing that we are fully insured and provide a lifetime warranty on all of our electrical installations and repair works. In the unfortunate event of something going wrong, you remain protected.
When you need an expert and licensed electrician in Sydney, call IZCO Electrical on 0470 123 811 or book your job online today!